|Yamaha Speaker VXS8W||AUDIO SYSTEMS|
YAMAHA VXS8W 1 Pair of 8″ 2-Way Speakers in White
The Yamaha VXS8 is a white 8″ 2-way speaker for installations.
- Yamaha designed the VXS speakers to accommodate a growing list of applications in the installation market. While these speakers deliver quintessential Yamaha sound quality, they have also been carefully designed for safe and easy installation. Featuring both ceiling and surface mount options, these speaker series include a comprehensive range of models that are available in either black or white, or can be painted to match the interior of any application.
- The VXS Series lineup features two full-range models and two subwoofers, allowing you to choose the optimal model for a particular application and, if necessary, combine it with a subwoofer for venues that require a stronger bottom end. VXS Series full-range models are equipped with internal transformers that allow them to operate at both high or low impedance simply by changing the tap on the rear of the speaker. Full-range models also offer IP45-rated protection, ensuring worry-free use in outdoor applications.
- VXS speakers come with a dedicated bracket for safe, troublefree speaker installation. Speakers can be mounted temporarily, freeing your hands to adjust mounting angles, which can now be configured consistently with ease thanks to the gear guides in the bracket connectors. Furthermore, the bracket base allows VXS Series speakers to be mounted on both walls and ceilings without the need to prepare a different set of brackets.
- VXS subwoofers can also be wall mounted with accompanying dedicated brackets, as well asceiling mounted using the U brackets (UB-DXR8) for Yamaha’s DXR8 powered speakers.
- Yamaha developed the VXC and VXS Series speakers to address a demand in the installation market for speakers capable of providing superb music reproduction as well as crystal clear announcements for public address applications. Both series feature newly customized transducers with large, powerful magnetic circuits that increase driving and braking force substantially, as well as dedicated tweeter diaphragms and speaker cone paper made from a carefully-created blend of materials that help optimize sound reproduction. Cabinets are built tough to meet the demands of a wide variety of commercial environments, constructed from a carefully selected plastic with just the right tensile strength, and designed with optimized bass-reflex tuning to offer a firm, tight low-end. From the networking components and the materials used for wiring and soldering, right down to the optimal placement of acoustic absorption material, a great deal of attention has been paid to even the smallest details of the series’ design.
- Several aspects of these speakers’ design reflect a strong emphasis on functionality as well as the aesthetic features of their construction – effectively enhancing sound quality and speaker performance without disturbing the interior decor of the installation. This concept is evident in the hexagonal design featured on the grille of both series’ speakers that actually improves sound clarity by raising the aperture ratio. Similarly, the smooth curves of the surface-mount cabinet’s simple yet sophisticated design allow the speakers to be mounted closely to the wall – while still fully capable of panning and tilting to target service areas. Even the innovative design of the VXC’s tweeter improves sound clarity by providing unrestricted woofer movement.
- Type: 2-way, Bass-reflex
- LF: 8″ (20 cm) Cone driver
- HF: 1″ (2.5 cm) Soft dome tweeter
- Coverage angle (500 Hz – 4 kHz on average): 100° H ×100° V
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
Power rating (IEC, 100h)
- Noise: 90 W
- PGM: 180 W
- MAX: 360 W
- Sensitivity (1W, 1m): 91 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (Calculated, 1m): 117dB SPL
- Frequency range (-10 dB): 51 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.8 kHz
- Connector Euroblock (4 pin): × 1 (input: +/-,loop-thru: +/-)
- Max. wire size: 12 AWG (2.5 mm2)
- 70V: 60 W, 30 W, 15 W, 7.5 W
- 100V: 60 W, 30 W, 15W
- Overload protection: Full-range power limiting toprotect network and transducers
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Dust and water resistant: IP35
- Enclosure Shape: Rectangle
- Cabinet material: ABS
- Baffle material PC/ASA
- Grille material: Powder coated perforated aluminum(t=1 mm)
- Aperture ratio: 51%
- Finish: White (Not painted, approximate value:Munsell 9.3)
- Dimensions (Speaker only)(W × H × D in verticalcabinet orientation): 10.9″ × 16.9″ × 9.4″
- Net weight (Speaker only, 1 piece): 8.2 kg (18.1lbs)